In 1937 the Brno Savings Bank had a new office building built in Cejl Street by Alois Kuba's construction company. The bank received a subsidy under the Building Act requiring that the structure also feature apartment units on the upper floors. The premises of the savings bank with the central entrance on the ground floor consisted of a large hall with counters and the vaults, archive and staff facilities situated in the rear of the building so the lively ground floor facing the street could house small shops.
The ground floor also features two symmetrically situated entrances and staircases with lifts leading to the apartments on the upper floors; the entrance to the inner yard is located on the left. Each floor contained 8 flats, the open or glazed balconies of which create a horizontal bay on the main facade. The bay's light ceramic cladding contrasted with the ground floor with its facing of black opaxite, the monochrome and glossy surface of which also decorated the entrance areas. The pronounced coffered cornice is a signature feature of buildings designed by Alois and Vilém Kuba.