Tram (today trolleybus) depot

C342

In 1928 a tram depot was built in the inner yard of apartment buildings offering affordable housing near the Svitava River. The core of the complex is occupied by the garage designed by Jindřich Kumpošt, the structure of which consists of an ferro-concrete skeleton and steel truss roof. Trolleybus transport began operation in Brno in 1949 and used the garages of the Husovice depot. However, the 1970s brought extensive modifications and expansion of the entire complex.

PH

Name
Tram (today trolleybus) depot

Date
1928

Architect
Jindřich Kumpošt

Trail
East

Code
C342

Type
Industrial, technical or transport structure

Address
Svitavská 913/4, (Husovice), Brno, Sever

Public transport
Vozovna Husovice (TRAM 4)
Vozovna Husovice (TROL 25,26,38,39)


GPS
49°12'29.211"N, 16°37'50.349"E