This apartment building offering affordable housing was built on the corner of Křídlovická and Ypsilantiho streets in 1936-38, according to designs by Josef Polášek and Florián Kuba. This five-storey building on an intricate ground plan is linked to the older development of this part of the city. At the same time, as the longer wing is perpendicular to the street, it disrupts the traditional block development and delimits the area of the inner yard, open garden and a small front garden in the street.
The segmented street facade is dominated by balconies of brick and a cut-out roofed corner with glazed loggias which compensat
e for the adverse northern orientation of the rooms in this part. The main entrance is sheltered by the protruding risalit of the side wing. Each floor has seven minimal apartments accessible from the gallery running around the inner wall and consisting, as was usual with this type of residence, of a small hall, residential kitchen with a balcony, a closet and a bathroom with a shower.