Pavilion O is more of an administrative building than an exhibition pavilion. It was built in the years 1981–1982 between pavilions G and H to a design by Jaroslav Hotárek and Jaroslav Šmerek. The new building was designed to be a press centre and serve the needs of radio, television and film. It replaced the original National Unity Pavilion by Bohuslav Fuchs from 1928. That building was demolished, as its architectural quality had been degraded by the insensitive addition of a wooden extension from a Czechoslovak exhibition in Jakarta.
The construction of Pavilion O was carried out very quickly thanks to an extraordinary allocation of unused construction funds from the Ministry of Foreign Trade. The square two-storey building has a large entrance hall and a grand staircase that leads to the administrative areas. The spaces in the centre of the building do not have any natural light and are used for conferences and meetings. The frame and the outer shell are comprised of the KORD typological system manufactured by the company Rudé doly Jeseník.
The building is now used by the IT department of Brno Exhibition Centre and several of its external collaborators.
1981 – 1982
(Pisárky), Brno, Střed
Výstaviště, hlavní vstup (TRAM 1)
Výstaviště, hlavní vstup (BUS 52; TROL 25, 26, 37)
Veletržní profily. Brno: Brněnské veletrhy a výstavy,
Brněnské výstaviště. Stavba století. Stavební vývoj 1928–2002,